535 Secretaries of State
A bill to have both Houses of Congress vote on any deal between Iran and the E3/EU+3 to limit Tehran’s nuclear program is winding its way through the United States Senate. Some people are worried that the measure known as Corker-Cardin – or even just the freakshow that is debate within the self-proclaimed world’s greatest deliberative body – will kill off negotiations. Aaron and Jeffrey discuss the substance and politics of the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015.
- S.615 - Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015
- Chuck Freilich, “Netanyahu Prepares for A Gunfight,” Haaretz, April 13, 2015.
- Manu Raju and Burgess Everett, “How Ben Cardin and Bob Corker clinched the Iran deal,” April 14, 2015.
- Eli Lake and Josh Rogin, “Aipac vs. Pro-Israel Republicans,” Bloomberg, April 24, 2015.
- Jennifer Steinhauer, “New Amendments Imperil Measure on Iran in Congress,” New York Times, April 26, 2015.
- Burgess Everett, “Foes of Iran deal take aim in Senate,” Politico, April 27, 2015.