#197 Dan Larimer: EOS – The Decentralized Operating System
Support the show, consider donating:
After Bitshares and Steemit, Dan Larimer’s latest project EOS has also gathered lots of attention. Their record-setting crowdsale has already raised $300m and is continuing for another year. Dan joined us to discuss his journey in the industry, what connects the different projects, how EOS works and how the EOS crowdsale works.
Topics covered in this episode:
- A history of Dan’s previous projects Bitshares and Steemit
- How Dan knows when the time has come to move to the next project
- Why they describe EOS as a decentralized operating system
- The EOS approach to scalability
- Benefits and downsides of the EOS fee model
- EOS’ Delegated Proof of Stake consensus
- How EOS handles malicious validators
- Addressing criticisms around EOS’s crowdsale terms and governance structure
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture, and is availble on
and our website.