#195 Loi Luu: KyberNetwork – Towards Truly Decentralized Crypto-Asset Exchanges
Support the show, consider donating:
We’re joined by Loi Luu, Co-founder of KyberNetwork. This new decentralized exchange protocol, built on Ethereum, aims to match buyers with reserve operators, who create liquidity for crypto-asset pairs. Trades occur instantaneously and without the need for a trusted third party exchange operator.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Loi’s background and involvement with various projects such as TrueBit, Smart Pool, and Oyente
- The desirable features of a decentralized exchange
- Other decentralized exchange projects and how they compare to KyberNetwork
- KyberNetwork’s unique design philosophy
- KyberNetwork’s user experience and how a trade occurs from start to finish
- The various actors in the network and their respective roles
- How KyberNetwork mitigates certain vulnerabilities, such as transaction front running
- How network actors are compensated
- KyberNetwork’s DAO governance model and development roadmap
This episode was hosted by Meher Roy & Sébastien Couture, and is availble on
and our website.