#191 Richard Craib: Numerai – A Revolutionary Hedge Fund Built on Blockchain and AI
Support the show, consider donating:
Numerai Founder Richard Craib joined us to discuss his radical project to build a hedge fund with network effects. Numerai manages its portfolio by giving its data in encrypted form to data scientists who compete to create the best predictions and get paid with cryptocurrencies. Numerai expects to radically alter the structure of the hedge fund and asset management industry.
Topics covered in this episode:
- How hedge funds work and what trends effect them
- Quantitative trading and the role of AI in investing
- How Numerai uses crowdsourcing and AI to manage its portfolio
- How Numerai lets data scientists build models without knowing the underlying data
- The Function of Numerai’s own token Numeraire
- Why Numerai is switching from paying data scientists in Bitcoin to Ethereum
- Numerai’s crazy goal of managing all the money in the world
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Meher Roy, and is availble on YouTube, SoundCloud, and our website.