#182 Peter Van Valkenburgh: Towards Sound Bitcoin Policy
Support the show, consider donating:
Coin Center is a non-profit in Washington DC that focuses on research and advocacy issues facing public blockchain networks like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Their aim is to protect users and foster innovation through achieving sound policies and regulations.
Director of Research Peter Van Valkenburgh joined us to discuss the work of the center and the most pressing regulatory issues facing the industry today.
Topics covered in this episode:
- The origins and objectives of Coin Center
- How to judge the success of Coin Center
- Why Peter is more bullish on permissionless than permissioned blockchains
- The three areas of blockchain regulation: Consumer protection, anti money laundering and securities
- His view about ICOs
- Why people should pay attention to money transmission regulations
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Meher Roy, and is availble on YouTube, SoundCloud, and our website.