#163 Roger Ver: Bitcoin, Liberty and the Scalability Roadblock
Support the show, consider donating:
Roger Ver is one of the earliest Bitcoin investors and through his tireless evangelizing of the cryptocurrency became known as ‘Bitcoin Jesus’. Roger joined us to discuss Bitcoin’s incredible potential to foster liberty. We also discussed how the current stalemate about how to scale Bitcoin is threatening that potential. And, finally, the mining pool operated by his site Bitcoin.com that is supporting the Bitcoin Unlimited client.
Topics covered in this episode:
- How Roger Ver became the first investor in Bitcoin startups
- What the Bitcoin community was like in 2011
- The appeal of Bitcoin for voluntaryists
- Why the scalability stalemate is crippling Bitcoin
- Bitcoin.com’s new mining pool and support for Bitcoin Unlimited
- His vision for the future of Bitcoin
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture, and is availble on YouTube, SoundCloud, and our website.