#160 Brian Behlendorf: How Hyperledger is Developing Foundational Blockchain Technology
Support the show, consider donating:
As a lead developer of the Apache webserver and founder of the Apache Software Foundation, Brian Behlendorf has played a central role in building internet architecture. Recently, he became Executive Director of the Hyperledger Project that aims to build foundational blockchain technology in an open-source, collaborative way.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Brian’s role in the development of the Apache server and Apache Software Foundation
- The flaws in how blockchain software is currently being developed
- Why blockchain needs a foundation to steer the development of its foundational technology
- The key lessons from the Apache Software Foundation that inform Hyperledger’s approach
- Hyperledger’s membership and organizational structure
- The role of software licenses and why he favors Apache
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Meher Roy, and is availble on
and our website.