#150 Devcon 2 and the State of Ethereum
Support the show, consider donating:
Last week the biggest blockchain-focused developer conference took place in Shanghai, China: Ethereum’s DevCon 2. Epicenter show host Meher Roy was at the conference and brought back his impressions and insights for a comprehensive discussion of the current state of Ethereum projects and the Ethereum community.
Topics covered in this episode:
- What Ethereum’s developer conference DevCon 2 was like
- The big change in going from concepts to alpha version over the last year
- The continued lack of sustainable business models in Ethereum
- The lack of interest by Venture Capitalists and the big tech companies in Ethereum and blockchain technology
- The current state and incentive problems of crowdsales
- Three areas of focus in Ethereum: Scalability, Privacy and Governance
- The search for the next protocol
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Meher Roy, and is availble on YouTube, SoundCloud, and our website.