#148 Kyle Torpey: Diving Into Bitcoin – The Debates, the Issues and What’s to Come
Support the show, consider donating:
We’re joined by Kyle Torpey, a freelance writer, and journalist who writes for a number of publications in the blockchain space including Bitcoin Magazine, Coin Journal, and others. Know for his well-written articles and in-depth reporting on the important topics affecting Bitcoin today, Kyle provides his point of view on the scalability debate and gives an update on the recent and upcoming changes to the bitcoin protocol.
Topics covered in this episode:
- An update on the scalability debate
- The outcome of the recent Hong Kong scalability workshop and code dev meeting in California
- The Bitcoin core development process
- The recent release of Bitcoin Code 0.13.0
- The inclusion of Segregated Witness and what it enables
- Upcoming features in the roadmap
- Takeaways from the Ethereum hard fork
- Division in the Bitcoin community
- The evolution of the Bitcoin ecosystem in the last 2 years
- Potential mainstream applications for Bitcoin
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture, and is availble on
and our website.