#147 Sarah Meiklejohn: Anonymity, Central Bank Cryptocurrencies and the Academic View on Bitcoin
Support the show, consider donating:
With academic research on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies still in its infancy, Sarah Meiklejohn’s track record of publications in the area stands out. The UCL computer science professor has explored topics ranging from anonymity in Bitcoin to how a central bank could go about issuing a cryptocurrency.
Topics covered in this episode:
- What techniques can be used to deanonymize Bitcoin users
- How Bitcoin’s usage evolved over time
- Whether privacy-enhancing overlays in Bitcoin currently work
- What a cryptocurrency issued by a central bank could look like
- The architecture of RSCoin
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture, and is availble on
and our website.