#114 Vinay Gupta: From Lawyer Capitalism to Programmer Capitalism
Support the show, consider donating:
Vinay Gupta has been a programmer, 1990s cypherpunk, ‘resilience guru’, Ethereum release coordinator and currently collaborates with Consensys to mainstream smart contract technology. He also invented the Hexayurt, a cheap and resilient architectural structure for disaster-stricken communities.
Recently, Vinay has become a thought leader in the cryptocurrency space. He is famed for his eloquence and ability to distill the crypto-finance technological paradigm into easy big-picture visualisations. Check out this podcast for some unique insights into technology, politics and history.
Topics covered in this episode:
- His work on resilience. The connection between resilience and cryptocurrencies
- A history of the cypherpunks – who they were, what they believed in and why they failed.
- Why smart contracts matter? What is special about them?
- The impact cryptocurrencies will have on capitalism
- Why cryptocurrencies could be a great tool to explore basic income
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Meher Roy, and is availble on
and our website.