Fan Mail Friday #131 | Complicated vs. Complex
Time for Fan Mail Friday, where we'll be answering your questions and dropping some knowledge and feedback to help you kick the weekend off right. Let's cut to it! In this episode:
- Here's an example of advertising selling only emotion because the product itself truly lacks value.
- Best man duties are an honor, but they can be stressful. Here's our advice for handling them with grace and...charm.
- Learning to run your own business doesn't have to be a sink or swim proposition if you start it as a side hustle to your main job.
- Do you understand the difference between complicated and complex tasks?
- Suffer from misophonia? There's a Facebook support group!
- Some listener perspectives on excusamine (as discussed in FMF 126).
- Would you choose to make $50,000 when your coworkers make 25,000, or $100,000 when your coworkers make $200,000?
- How does someone approach dating when they find themselves deviating from social norms in many ways?
- How long should you give a new job a chance before deciding it's not what you signed up for and move on?
- Documentary(ish) of the Week: Narcos
- Shoutouts to fighter pilot Joey Johnson in South Korea and Joey Svendsen of the Bad Christian Podcast!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Check out Jordan's (@TheArtofCharm) other show: The Forbes List, and Jason's (@jpdef) other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Full show notes at https://theartofcharm.com/fmf131/
Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
With an unmatched selection of audiobooks, original audio shows, news, and comedy, Audible is your best source for summertime entertainment. Art of Charm listeners: start a 30-day trial and download your first audiobook for free by going to audible.com/aoc here!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470. We'll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview