326: The Autobiography Test: Is Your Life Worth Reading About?
(click to tweet)
The sense of adventure seems to have gone out of the world. Too many people are spending all of their efforts in creating the most comfortable, pleasant life possible, when in reality comfort doesn’t bring you nearly the kind of happiness and fulfillment that adventure does.
So ask yourself: If you wrote your autobiography today, would anyone besides your family really want to read it?
If people were honest, the answer would be no for most people in the world, and this is simply because they are not prioritizing adventure high enough in their life.
So prioritize adventure! Say yes to as many experiences as you possibly can, and live your life to the fullest. Come back with stories worth telling, and at the end of it all, a life worth reading about.
(click to tweet)
Points to Keep In Mind
- The mindset that leads to adventure is lacking in a major way in the world today
- If you want to know if you are on the right track, right out and honestly outline of your autobiography and ask if anyone else would want to read it
- Try to live a life of adventure where you don’t have regrets, but you try things and take risks, and come back with great stories
- Life should be something that you want to get everything you can possibly get out of it
- Ask yourself right now if anyone would want to read your biography. If not, you need more adventure
- The essence of adventure is trying things and experimenting with everything
- Humans are innately risk-averse, but going this route will not lead to as much happiness as a life of adventure
- What you are is not fixed, but is dynamic and can be expanded and improved on
- Whatever you admire in others, be that