#207 Micah Winkelspecht: Gem – The Enterprise Platform That Powers Data-Driven Applications
Support the show, consider donating:
We are joined by Micah Winkelspecht, CEO and Founder of Gem. What started as a Bitcoin API in 2014 has evolved into a leading provider of blockchain solutions for enterprise. Gem addresses the problem of digital data silos and the complexities they introduce when companies and individuals collaborate and share information. Their product, GemOS, provides a full-stack blockchain middleware platform which allows companies to build applications on top of blockchains protocols like Ethereum or Hyperledger Fabric.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Micah’s background and how he got involved in the Bitcoin space
- How the company and product have evolved to support his original vision
- How blockchain technologies are transforming process digitization
- The siloed identity problem and what complexities it introduces for people and companies
- How GemOS is addressing fundamental issues in health care and insurance
- How blockchain technologies can support regulated industries
- Micah’s insights on creating awareness among enterprise clients
- The importance of building ecosystems and network economies which enterprise can leverage
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture, and is availble on YouTube, SoundCloud, and our website.