JSJ 285 : Finding a Job Even If You're Not a Senior Developer by Charles Max Wood
Charles Max Wood
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- How do I get a great job? Companies are only hiring Senior Devs.
- Your selling point as a Jr. Dev.
- Framing your experience for the companies to better see your experience.
- I don’t want a ( this kind of boss)
- Feeling like you are making a difference in your job.
- Who do you want to work for, with, where, and how, etc?
- Working in a facility or remotely. What do you want?
- Check out the meet-up places or workplaces (WeWork), Glassdoor
- Check out the people who work that these companies, LinkedIn.
- Check out company’s Slack rooms, forum, etc. to make connections
- Visit the companies personally
- Look into contacting the Meetup Organizers
- Building rapport
- Resume mistakes - how to properly format it so it is skim-able
- Top 3 bullet points and tailor you resume for each job
- Unnecessary material in your resume - again tailor to the company
- Important material to include on your resume, contributions on projects
- The cover letter - How to do this correctly with a personal touch
- What to do when you get the interview - the offer!
- And much more!