AiA 171: Why People Are Sticking With AngularJS (1.x)
Charles Max Wood
In the episode of Adventures in Angular the panel discusses why people are sticking with Angular JS (1.x). The panel talks about the pros and cons of working in Angular 1.x. Chuck talks about a quick poll and about those who are still using AngularJS 1.x and not Angular 2.x. The discussion covers resources, expertise, familiarity, community, stability, RXJS, etc. This is a great episode for those who want to learn more about reasons to why some abandon or stay with AngularJS 1.x.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
•Why are you still using with Angular 1.x, and not Angular 2.x
- More people are experts in Angular 1.x
- Example: Which iPhone are you using?
- Changes, Stability, etc.
- Keeping up with AngularJS
- Bridging the Gap since 1.6
- Upgrading to View
- Working in View
- Typescript and View working together
- Comparison to Politics
- Using Backbone
- Reason to moving on to new platforms
- Consider testing and take off the beta tag
- New versions every month - Typescript, release schedule for Angular
- DSL Decorators
- Angular 2 material
- Comparison Charts of Angular 1.x and Angular 2.x
- Fixing what is not broken
- Google supporting Angular 1.x
- NG Doc
- Wanting to do AngularJS
- Server-side render rendering
- I need widgets.
- Angular 1.x declining
- and much more!
- My Angular Story on Dev Chat TV
- Indiegogo for View and React, and Elixir