Ben Shapiro: What’s Wrong With America?
(click to tweet)
What’s wrong with America?
If you’ve been mildly awake in the past year, you’ve sensed the panic in the air. But the panic is the problem. People displace blame to governmental forces, so they can justify their own story. Certainly there are causes and social issues that are exempt from this analysis, but for the most part, we as a society underestimate our individual agency when we choose to believe that a government is stopping us from pursuing our goals.
On today’s episode of The Tai Lopez Show, we are joined by political commentator Ben Shapiro. Ben is the editor-in-chief of The Daily Wire. As a controversial political figure, Ben is subject to much criticism and controversy. Today, we hear his thoughts on everything related to politics, the government, the education system, and much more.
Don’t forget! You can also listen to The Tai Lopez Show on Spotify! Click “Follow” and let me know what you think!
(click to tweet)
Points to Keep In Mind
- Jealousy fuels tribalism
- Success requires believing in an individual capacity to succeed
- According to the Brookings Institute: in the United States, there are 3 things to ensure you’re not poor: don’t have kids before you’re married, graduate high school, and get a job
- The position of President has too much power
- Be aware of how media warps messaging
- Nothing besides military is solved by a federal government
- Studies show that quality of education is more determined by factors like how the family treats education than any sort of government system
- The problem is people looking to the federal government for solutions; localism is the solution
- The single greatest predictor of poverty is being born into single motherhood
- The focus of marriage has moved from the production and raising of kids to “are you in love?”
- The whole reason society has an interest in marriage is to make sure there’s a mom and dad in the home
- When dating, figure out values not common ground
- Tutorial learning (what our education system employs) only works for 85% of the population
- Albert Einstein, “The thing about smart people is that they seem crazy to stupid people”
- Don’t force it, take the opportunities that come to you
- The quality of immigration is largely dependent on the quality of the system you are immigrating to