The 3 Traits You Need To Know About Yourself: Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy
(click to tweet)
The nature-nurture debate misses the point.
Discussing how much of who we are is genetic makeup vs. environmentally influenced is an unproductive conversation. It’s a high amount in both; we are raised by our parents, the same DNA that makes us up. What we need to be talking about is how to shift the hardwiring that comes from this upbringing.
On today’s episode of The Tai Lopez Show, we are discussing the value of personality tests in discovering where to push efforts for self-improvement. Unfortunately or fortunately, most of who we are comes from our parents, and in this conversation we talk about what to do with that reality. Blood is thicker than water, but it’s not thicker than common sense.
Don’t forget! You can also listen to The Tai Lopez Show on Spotify! Click “Follow” and let me know what you think!
(click to tweet)
Points to Keep In Mind
- Think about your results as how you see the world
- The 6 attributes of narcissism: authority, self-sufficiency, superiority, exhibitionism, exploitativeness, vanity, entitlement
- Read The H Factor of Personality to learn how to categorize people
- Most narcissists don’t see themselves as narcissists
- Extroverts like new things; introverts like routines
- Machiavellianism is sneaky, two-faced, manipulative; linked to being bullied as a child
- Characterized as people who pursue in an interpersonally exploitative strategy
- Higher narcissism means higher extroversion and creativity
- Narcissism leads to higher levels of stress
- Scientists say it takes the average person 67 days to break a habit
- Conscientiousness is diligence, prudence, organization, and perfection
- Scientists laugh at the Myers-Briggs test
- We celebrate people with mental problems in the modern world
- Men are more psychopathic than women