MRS 040: Mindaugas Mozūras
Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Mindaugas Mozūras
This week on My Ruby Story, Charles talks to Mindaugas Mozūras. Mindaugas is from Lithuania and currently works at Vinted. He started about 5 ½ years ago as a software developer writing Ruby and now he the head of engineering at Vinted. He also has written an open source project called Pronto. He first got into programming when he was mesmerized by his father’s work computer and always grew up playing games that had to do with building things. They also touch on how he got into Ruby, what made him fall in love it, how he got his first Ruby job, and what he is working on now.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Mindaugas intro
- Pronto open source project
- Always focused on the best way to solve problems
- Communication is key
- How did you first get into programming?
- His father’s computer at work got him into computers
- Class in school that taught Pascal
- How have things changed since you first started?
- Didn’t see programming as a career at first
- Programming didn’t seem like a “serious” career choice
- Studied software engineering in college
- How did you get into Ruby?
- Listened to podcasts and blogs and heard about Ruby
- Ruby looked to be where all the fun things were happening
- Nancy open source project
- What was it about Ruby that inspired you?
- Loved Ruby’s succinctness
- How he got his first Ruby job
- What are you proud of doing in the Ruby community?
- What are you doing now?
- And much, much more!