JSJ 312: Hygen with Dotan Nahum
- Charles Max Wood
- Aimee Knight
- AJ ONeal
Special Guests: Dotan Nahum
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Dotan intro
- What is Hygen?
- Code generators
- Rails in 2006
- Ruby on Rails 15-minute blog video
- PHP and Python
- Carried Rails wow moment with him into creating Hygen
- Wanted Rails generators everywhere
- Can you also modify files?
- Took the good things from Rails generator
- The fact that front-end apps have architecture is new
- The solution of generating code
- A component is a ray of files and assets
- A standardized way of doing components
- Everything lives in the “day job” project
- How the Hygen template is formatted
- Can have a shell action
- Is there a way to share generators in a separate package?
- And much, much more!