#235 Changpeng Zhao: The Meteoric Rise of Crypto Exchange Binance
Support the show, consider donating:
The rise of Binance is one of the most astonishing stories in the blockchain space. Within less than a year of its launch, Binance has become the most popular crypto exchange trading over $2bn per day. In the past quarter, Binance made profits of $200m, likely the fastest company ever to reach this success.
Binance Founder and CEO Changpeng Zhao (“CZ”) joined us to discuss why he started Binance and the extraordinary organization they built. We discussed the role of the Binance token, how their strong commitment to values helped build a loyal community, and how he sees the organization evolve in the future.
Topics covered in this episode:
- CZ’s journey in the blockchain space from blockchain.info, to OKCoin to founding Binance
- The astonishing rise of Binance to $200m/quarter profits in less than 1 year
- How Binance went from deciding to do an ICO to finishing it in 2 weeks
- Why strong values are a key differentiator for Binance
- How Binance built a vibrant and loyal community
- The critical role of the Binance token in its success
- The principles CZ uses to run an efficient distributed organization
- How regulatory competition is rapidly improving the conditions to build crypto companies
- Binance’s plans to build a decentralized exchange
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Meher Roy, and is availble on YouTube, SoundCloud, and our website.