#236 Luis Cuende: Aragon – Decentralized Governance and the Fight for Freedom
Support the show, consider donating:
Aragon Founder Luis Cuende joined us to discuss their work on building tools for decentralized governance. We covered the origins of his deep drive, why this is a crucial fight for humanity and the tools that Aragon has built.
Topics covered in this episode:
- How Luis became an advisor to the European Commissionas as a 16-year old
- Why freedom and technology became Luis’ prime obsession
- The origin story and vision of Aragon
- The risk surveillance and authoritarianism pose to humanity
- Why decentralized governance is the key to freedom
- How to think about inequality and blockchain governance
- Why on-chain governance makes more sense on application than protocol level
- AragonOS and its different applications
- The Aragon Network Token and potential role in a decentralized court system
- The road to decentralizing Aragon organizationally
This episode was hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, and is availble on YouTube, SoundCloud, and our website.