JSJ 315: The effects of JS on CSS with Greg Whitworth
Special Guests: Greg Whitworth
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Greg intro
- What is the Houdini task force?
- Extensible web manifesto
- DOM (Document Object Model)
- Layout API
- Parser API
- Back to basics
- What is the CSSOM?
- Every browser has its separate JS engine
- Browsers perspective
- Aimee ShopTalk Podcast Episode
- Why is it important to understand how the rendering engine is working?
- Making wise decisions
- Give control back to browser if possible
- Hard to make a hard or fast rule
- CSS is more performant
- Overview of steps
- And much, much more!