MJS 063: Fred Zirdung
Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Fred Zirdung
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Fred intro
- How did you first get into programming?
- Coding professionally for 20+ years
- Coding prior to college graduation
- Logo programming language
- QNX operating system
- Were you always interested in programming?
- Always interested in computers
- Commodore 64
- Basic programming in high school
- Programming didn’t click for him until high school
- In college when the web became popular
- Computer engineering degree in college
- What was it that appealed to you about software over hardware?
- Software vs hardware
- Embedded systems software
- How did you get into web programming?
- Dolby Laboratories
- What technologies got you excited?
- Loved the flexibility of JS and Rails
- Found something he could be productive with
- What are you working on now?
- And much, much more!