MAS 040: Victor Savkin
Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Victor Savkin
This week on My Angular Story, Charles speaks with Victor Savkin about his business Narwhal Technologies. In addition, they discuss Angular, past and current business projects, and their picks. Victor is a co-founder of nrwl.io, providing Angular consulting to enterprise teams. He was previously on the Angular core team at Google, and built the dependency injection, change detection, forms and router modules.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Victor’s background.
- Two of Victor’s past episodes on the “My Angular Story:”
- When and how did you get into programming?
- Back when Victor was in Russia and playing games.
- This brought him to the idea that “I could build my own game” when he was a teenager.
- Programming is hard and difficult, but also fun and enjoying.
- There is a creative side to this.
- State of flow.
- How did you go from creating games with Flash to Angular?
- Eventually ended up using Angular.
- Victor prefers to use on the backend.
- It’s interesting to see how things have changed, such as Data Flow and Business Logic. In what ways do you think it has improved?
- Charles first got into programming it was Rails.
- Why does this feel much harder – because we are solving much more complicated issues.
- Look at the tools we have today.
- How did you get into Angular 14?
- What contributions do you feel that you have made on the Angular team?
- In writing Angular apps, Charles is curious, how is it different writing the framework vs. an app within the framework?
- What made you and Jeff leave Google and go start Narwhal Technologies (nrwl.io)?
- I felt like I could provide more value.
- What things have Narwhal been contributing to the community?
- What are you working on now?
- Personal life
- Wedding in August and buying a home for Victor.
- Audio Books:
- Take a minute to be human through life’s different experiences.