301: Python at Microsoft
We talked with Steve Dower and Dan Taylor at Microsoft Build 2018 about the history of Python at Microsoft, the origination of IronPython, Python Tools for Visual Studio, flying under the radar to add support Python, fighting from within to support open source, and more.
Rollbar – We catch our errors before our users do because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes, and deploy your code with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean is simplicity at scale. Whether your business is running one virtual machine or ten thousand, DigitalOcean gets out of your way so your team can build, deploy, and scale faster and more efficiently. New accounts get $100 in credit to use in your first 60 days.
OSCON – O’Reilly’s Open Source Convention combines the experience of the open source community with ideas and strategies for using open source tools and technologies. There’s no event quite like OSCON! When registration opens — save 20% on most passes by using the code
CHANGELOG when you register.
Notes and Links
- 2:22 – The history of Python at Microsoft
- 3:15 – The origination of IronPython
- 4:05 – Python tools for Visual Studio
- 7:54 – What Microsoft is doing with Python
- 10:22 – Why Python is good for people new to programming
- 12:20 – Pythonic
- 13:52 – PEP 8
- 15:47 – Black
- 18:16 – Pylint
- 21:41 – CPython
- 26:01 – Opensource at Microsoft
- 28:29 – The future of Python
- 33:55 – The latest in Python
Discuss on Changelog News